Thursday 24 March 2011

The ‘No Sleep Til “No Sleep Til Hammersmith” Project’ Album 11 – Bastards (1993)

1. On Your Feet Or On Your Knees
2. Burner
3. Death Or Glory
4. I Am The Sword
5. Born To Raise Hell
6. Don’t Let Daddy Kiss Me
7. Bad Woman
8. Liar
9. Lost In The Ozone
10. I’m The Man
11. We Bring The Shake
12. Devils

The trend definitely continues with this album, the first full one with the new line up including Mikkey Dee on drums, which is absolutely terrific. It’s another album where pretty much every song is really good and is a much heavier affair than the last couple of albums. ‘On Your Feet Or On You Knees’ is a loud and heavy opener that sets the pace for what follows. Other highlights include one of my all time favourite Motörhead numbers ‘Born To Raise Hell’ that I can listen to on a continuous loop, yes it is that f*cking good (live it is AWESOME). ‘Bad Woman’ is also pretty good fun. ‘Don’t Let Daddy Kiss Me’ is a very slow, almost acoustic song about child abuse and again highlights the bands versatility and is a very good gentle song amidst all the heaviness that surrounds it. I’d probably rate this up there with the albums ‘Ace Of Spades’ and ‘Orgasmatron’. Great stuff.

On a side note I have to mention the bonus track, which I know was something I said I wouldn’t do (sue me lol) but as it’s a cover of ‘Jumpin’ Jack Flash’ by the Rolling Stones and is actually pretty bloody cool I thought it was worth a mention.

Next Album: SACRIFICE

No comments:

Post a Comment