Thursday 17 March 2011

The ‘No Sleep Til “No Sleep Til Hammersmith” Project’ Album 7 – Orgasmatron (1986)

1. Deaf Forever
2. Nothing Up My Sleeve
3. Ain’t My Crime
4. Claw
5. Mean Machine
6. Built For Speed
7. Ridin’ With The Driver
8. Doctor Rock
9. Orgasmatron

After the last album both Brian Robertson and Phil Taylor left the band. Lemmy recruited a new drummer in the form of Pete Gill and got two guitarists in the shape of Phil Campbell and Wurzel and so this is the first album where Motörhead were a four piece. After the disappointing last couple of albums this feels and sounds like a band revitalised. It’s great, all the songs are terrific and it’s just a real buzz listening to it. ‘Deaf Forever’ is a great song, would go on my favourites list anytime as does ‘Doctor Rock’ which is still to date the set opener when Motörhead play live, a real “f*ck you we’re having fun” number. The ‘Claw’ is rather amusing too with Lemmy’s near hysterical lyrics in the chorus making this one guaranteed to put a smile on your face. The final and title track is an odd one. This is a song that for years I didn’t like, in fact I much preferred the Brazilian thrash metal band Sepultura’s cover version, but I guess I have grown to love it. The music is thunderous and the lyrics are big and epic and fantastical and now probably my favourite tune from the album. Great to hear this band sounding so fresh and full of GGGGGRRRRRRR.

Next Album: ROCK ‘N’ ROLL

No comments:

Post a Comment