Tuesday 11 January 2011

The "No Sleep Til 'No Sleep Til Hammersmith' Project"

The plan for this little project is to listen to all 20 studio albums by Motorhead (the greatest rock'n'roll band on earth) in order, starting with the selftitled first one (Motorhead in case you're not paying attention) and moving on to the most recent one, The World is Yours which is due out in the shops on Monday 17th January.

I'm aiming to listen to one album per night for consecutive nights and once I've had a listen I'll jot what will amount to a mini review about the album. I'll mention my favourite songs, things I don't like it and any other thoughts that spring into my head (change in the line up of the band, that sort of thing).

Some of the early albums have been re-released over the years with extra or 'bonus' tracks on them. I won't be listening to these, just the songs that were on the albums on first release.

Once I've done all 20 albums I will be concluding the project with the number one live album 'No Sleep Til Hammersmith'.

The idea for this came about when I bought and then listened to The World is Yours before Christmas. Classic Rock magazine were doing a special CD and magazine release early of the album in case you were wondering how I got my hands on it before it's in the shops.

Other than that I just thought "why the fuck not?"

No comments:

Post a Comment